ConVex by Entheos Devices (formerly Tokedvapors)

Entheos Hex

Manufacturer
Can we see the screens? They look interesting

What kind of battery life do you get on average?
As a few orders are already on their way, I'll mention here the minor flaws that users will be encountering.

These are the screens. I went too thin on metal sheet thickness chosen, so they are a bit flimsy and loose. The bowl size has a 15mm inside diameter, I recommend pushing a similar size mesh screen on top of the stock screen.

As for battery life, for now I can vaguely say that it can last a heavy day's use with one charge. As there is a puff counter on the screen, I am currently trying to record how many puffs I get from one charge. One press and release of the fire button adds one count.

Last edited:

seedy53

i do not know how i missed out on this one. looks like a 510 battery. i need to read this forum from the beginning of thread. forgive my ignorance. a quick summary would be helpful.
my concern is i don't like how chokey those hits are. i think it might need a cooling adapter like the rocket stem? or something. what are the controls and software like.

lkinney97

Hex review

So I just wanted to preface this by saying I’ve never really reviewed anything before so this might jump around and be rambly haha.

So far after putting a few bowls through it I’m loving it! The near instant heat up is what I was looking for as well as you can kinda tune it in and get a one bowl extraction hit. I’ve been hitting at 225C at 60 watts at .26 ohms. My loose understanding is more watts makes it heat up faster? I did do a bowl at 180 at Grass Yes’s request and the flavor was phenomenal to me! My typical daily drivers are the armored omega, roffu and dynavap m. What should I use to upload some photos? I’ve saved some photos of some bowls I’ve cleared. I’ve been talking to the manufacturer on Reddit and he’s been very responsive. He’s helped with any questions I’ve been able to come up with while just messing around with the settings. I found that you can pop out the screen in the bowl (like he stated already it kinda pops out on its own very easily) you can place a Mighty/volcano dosing pod and it fits perfectly with maybe a slight air gap. I can’t totally see how flush it was really haha. I can pretty much get it to ride the line every single time which is what I’ve loved about my omega so much. Really my only complaint/con of this vape is that the side of the door that doesn’t have magnets feels a bit loose. You still have to pull a bit to actually open the unit. I just strapped a rubber band around the spot between the buttons and that’s good enough for me.😂 I am genuinely blown away and am very happy with my purchase.

If anyone has any questions I’ll try to answer them!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What should I use to upload some photos? I’ve saved some photos of some bowls I’ve cleared.

Welcome to FC! I think I saw him sharing your posts on IG it is great to see these more completed and in the wild finally... Anyway you have to upload to an external site like imgur or imgbb then paste the link or BB code here for photos (was hex a typo?)

lkinney97

Welcome to FC! I think I saw him sharing your posts on IG it is great to see these more completed and in the wild finally... Anyway you have to upload to an external site like imgur or imgbb then paste the link or BB code here for photos (was hex a typo?)

Here we go! And I thought the unit was the Entheos Hex but maybe it’s ConVex? I’m honestly unsure and still a little high haha.

Entheos Hex

Manufacturer

Here we go! And I thought the unit was the Entheos Hex but maybe it’s ConVex? I’m honestly unsure and still a little high haha.
Entheos Hex is the company name and then ConVex is what we call this model.

I see in the last slide you've discovered it's ability to operate everything with one hand. :lol:

Last edited:

Entheos Hex

Manufacturer
i do not know how i missed out on this one. looks like a 510 battery. i need to read this forum from the beginning of thread. forgive my ignorance. a quick summary would be helpful.
my concern is i don't like how chokey those hits are. i think it might need a cooling adapter like the rocket stem? or something. what are the controls and software like.
I'd say the coughs are not coming from hot temps but from terpene denseness. The essence of the flower sometimes lingers in the nostrils.

Controls are a simple fire, up and down buttons.

It uses the stock firmware that YiHi provides and you can treat usage like the old grasshopper.

ChooChooCharlie

Do you include recommended mod "settings?"

(in past, threads about vapes based on mods get derailed with: "cold" resistance measuring, adjusting this and that, in sub menu this and that, etc. rinse and repeat)

I like your comment, " you can treat usage like the old grasshopper," would you please elaborate? salamat

edit: received text from DHL, delivery expected this Tuesday, 5/14. If I get stumped yet again by a mod-based vape, I'll just send it along to Vito. Suppose our fearless and selfless mods can move this thread out from unreleased now?

Last edited:

lkinney97

Do you include recommended mod "settings?"

(in past, threads about vapes based on mods get derailed with: "cold" resistance measuring, adjusting this and that, in sub menu this and that, etc. rinse and repeat)

I like your comment, " you can treat usage like the old grasshopper," would you please elaborate? salamat

edit: received text from DHL, delivery expected this Tuesday, 5/14. If I get stumped yet again by a mod-based vape, I'll just send it along to Vito. Suppose our fearless and selfless mods can move this thread out from unreleased now?
I just set the auto resistance once, temp once, and watts once and haven’t changed anything but temp since.
do you mean use it with a 2-3 sec heat up time?

Oh yeah it definitely heats up in 2-3 seconds. I’ve found myself holding down the heat for 2 seconds and then slowly pulling to see how much I can pull. Then a big pull once I feel vapor but still a slow pull.

kokolokokolokon

Oh yeah it definitely heats up in 2-3 seconds. I’ve found myself holding down the heat for 2 seconds and then slowly pulling to see how much I can pull. Then a big pull once I feel vapor but still a slow pull.
i suppose you did a slow long draw. What temp?

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: seedy53

XpeeN

I just set the auto resistance once, temp once, and watts once and haven’t changed anything but temp since.

Did you try harder pulls? How does it handle when you not actively try to keep the draw slow?

XpeeN,
Reactions: seedy53

lkinney97

i suppose you did a slow long draw. What temp?
I’ve been keeping it around 225 since I like to RTL. Pic on Imgur!
Did you try harder pulls? How does it handle when you not actively try to keep the draw slow?
I’ve definitely pulled harder once it’s up to temp and it just chucks clouds. I’ll add a video next time I rip it. And I’m used to the roffu, xmax, mighty style pulls. When I pull harder or stronger I get a few scooby snacks but I think I need to change my grind for the dosing capsules. I got a new 15mm screen for the bowl for when just herb and I’ll try that out as well!

Just Justin

My initial thoughts and impressions of EntheosHex ConVex 1.0. sorry, it’s a bit lengthy!

Ive been a vaporizer enthusiast for many years, starting on the original Vapor Brothers box vapes, classic volcano and Vapir vapes. My current favorite portables; Venty, Tinymight 2, Tafè Bowle,Crafty and now the ConVex.

I prefer the metal build of the Tinymight 2 but the overall design and vapor of the Convex and it’s considerably smaller and lighter too. I believe the vapor is smoother and cooler than the TinyMight 2 and just as flavorful and pure. As a bonus for all the traditional hash users like myself, the Convex and Tafè Bowle are the best vapes for hash because of top down heat. The heater rests above the bowl, so you can easily top herb or use a screen for hash or concentrate without making a mess or worrying about sticky hash getting into the oven/heater. No better portable convection device for hash imo.

I had a bit of tricky start with the Convex but turns out I was likely using a faulty battery, so I was getting some weird results but after changing batteries, the Convex has been ripping.

Having the original Toked Vapors device, which I enjoyed, I can easily say the Convex is a vastly improved device in terms of build quality and performance. The Convex feels and vapes like a top tier device in my opinion.

Build quality/ design/ materials:

pretty nice overall. solid, compact and comfortable to hold. Body has a textured feel that I like and makes it non slip. Battery is a little loose but ez in and out. Battery door is magnetic on one side and slotted on the other side.

Everything fits tightly together but the glass stem is a little loose and when I try to raise it, it often pulls off the o-ring on the lower steel portion. There is a nub on the glass to help raise and lower, which is a nice touch.

The lcd screen on top is glass and it touches the glass tube, so I would have rather seen a plastic edge around the entire screen but nbd.

The buttons feel good and responsive. Little bumps let you feel and find the buttons easily.

The bowl assembly is detachable from the main body for ez load/unload. It swings open on one side and can easily be loaded on or off the body. I switched bowl screens, as the stock screen is very thin and falls out, though the design is cool. I’m using a Crafty bowl screen now, which fits nicely and stays put after a few loads and maybe the stock screen would too. Dosing capsules fit as well without a bottom screen in the bowl as previously mentioned, although a little loose. The bowl assembly’s bottom pops off and snaps back into place and can be swapped out with a waterpipe adapter that is included. My biggest complaint, purely my preference but I would have preferred a bottom that fits together with a o-ring and locking mechanism like S&B Cooling Units, as the snap together design may wear over time but we’ll see. I would also prefer it was made with ceramic like the heater housing but it’s high temp Peek plastic like S& B vapes, still a high quality feel despite being plastic. Some heat sink and/or maze inside would also be a nice touch for added cooling, possibly down the road? The bottom gets hot directly below the bowl after a load or 2.

The heating coil is housed inside a zirconia ceramic piece surrounded by Peek plastic and a silicone o-ring. Not sure of the metal used for the “coil” but it’s a thin sheet metal heater that looks like a maze and is very unique and I think it contributes to some of the most potent vapor I’ve experienced in a portable. The coil can also be changed by the user via removing a few screws. Not sure but I think we’ll get a lot of life out of these coils.

Vapor quality/performance:

So far, the vapor is amazing, potent, pure, thick and flavorful. It is absolutely on par with the TinyMight 2 and the Tafè Bowle, which work and act the same as the Convex, although I prefer the design of the Convex over those on demand vapes. I think these on-demand convection vapes require a little know how and practice to get the best results unlike the Venty or Crafty, where you can put in whole or ground herb and get ez vapor anyway you do it. I find the convex is rather ez to use and I don’t think beginners will have trouble as long as they are grinding their herb.

The draw is open and unrestricted. Vapor is cool and not harsh at all but it is very potent. I have been running low temps 380f and below and I get vapor immediately on the first draw. The bowl is evenly vapes and I am not experiencing hot spots. This is my new go to vape for instant, potent hits and when I want the best flavor possible. I’ve been packing the bowl 1/2 to 3/4 full with ground herb with a light tamp. I get great results either way and could easily fully vape a bowl in a few draws depending on temp and draw.

I hope EntheosHex offers extra pieces and parts and wish they included some in the purchase like extra o-rings, screens and maybe a spare glass tube. I would love to more coils available as well and maybe different styles for different performance. Sorry, tried to keep it brief but there’s a lot to be said about this device and I think it deserves some attention. I would highly recommend this device.

More to come

ChooChooCharlie

Received ConVex 1.0 today, just tried it once, but here are my first impressions

Very clever, very small, very effective

Still needs work with "fitment" issues, a bit janky when opening battery/stem door, especially by accident. Maybe a more secure vertically aligned rail system with better magnets?

I tried Bowle pot after reading prior posts with a beta unit. I couldn't close door with pot inside. So, I used S&B capsule, it fit just fine. This pivoting bowl door/hatch reminds me of the old DaVinci Ascent bowl swivel out design. Clever solution for Bowle-like top-down heated air, without a removeable stem, however the Bowle's design is easier and more stable IMO

Vapor is surprisingly cool, and vape's base gets quite warm after a while. That warmth means the right angle turns to stem are doing their expected vapor cooling job. Leather case would be nice I suppose. Seems like an easy disassembly, iso soak parts, steel and glass

I sliced wrap on battery inserting, and bent the slicing contact "spring" in the process. Positive up, but that's where the spring is...no spring on negative side where I expected it. So, need to push up battery against upper positive side first, then push in. Oops. Had to pry little spring out to make contact after my blunder. Suppose I shouldn't use that battery any longer

I'm mod-challenged, but this unit came set a 210C, so I went for it. Difficult to do a burn-off with this design, at least for me. I did cigar puffs to reduce the nasty off-taste. Every heated coil vape seems to stink in beginning

Push and hold to fire and draw, pretty simple. Warmup fire for 5 seconds before drawing is helpful

Nice advantage I noticed with ConVex so far -- requires shorter duration draws than other convection portables I've used, good clouds, AVB is toasty, no stirring of course with capsule

glass stem is height adjustable with little notches, can lower completely for pocket. Other than the Hopper, this may be the smallest and lightest on-demand convection vape?

Con-Vex-pic-asst.jpg

The Delta3DStudios nearly universal silicone WPA fits on the stem:
Con-Vex-with-Delta3-DStudios-WPA.jpg

Con-Vex-size-vs-Sn-B-vapes.jpg

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

I got too Confident at 210 C ... and we all know what "C" comes next 🤬🔥

Oh well, get to take it apart to clean, a teachable moment

Think I'll put big elastic band around it, because the battery door opens to easily

Couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Haven't dealt with a mod-based interface in a while. Five clicks brings up a menu, and my old eyes and brain didn't bother reading tiny font of screen. Removed battery to turn it off

Sent email to support, they answered quickly and explained how to turn it off. 5 clicks for menu, then right button to get to sub-menu, then select tiny power symbol and press fire button to "lock." And you thought the Solo3 required too many child proofing clicks to turn on -- the ConVex doesn't want your inner child to turn it off. "Sorry, Dave, I can't let you do that"

I'm unsure of the incoming airpath, and the seeming lack of isolation from increasingly warm "electronics." Can't see an obvious air inlet. I must be blind, perhaps it's well hidden, or, air just comes in from battery door gaps?

Entheos Hex

Manufacturer
I got too Confident at 210 C ... and we all know what "C" comes next 🤬🔥

Oh well, get to take it apart to clean, a teachable moment

Think I'll put big elastic band around it, because the battery door opens to easily

Couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Haven't dealt with a mod-based interface in a while. Five clicks brings up a menu, and my old eyes and brain didn't bother reading tiny font of screen. Removed battery to turn it off

Sent email to support, they answered quickly and explained how to turn it off. 5 clicks for menu, then right button to get to sub-menu, then select tiny power symbol and press fire button to "lock." And you thought the Solo3 required too many child proofing clicks to turn on -- the ConVex doesn't want your inner child to turn it off. "Sorry, Dave, I can't let you do that"

I'm unsure of the incoming airpath, and the seeming lack of isolation from increasingly warm "electronics." Can't see an obvious air inlet. I must be blind, perhaps it's well hidden, or, air just comes in from battery door gaps?
I usually don't turn mine off, you can leave it on and lock the device by clicking fire three times.

Check this out for the vapor path, the intake is right behind where the metal stem part goes in:

You can see it clearly, along with a glimpse inside of the ceramic housing of the heater, if you take out the metal stem from its position.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https://preview.redd.it/entheos-hex-true-on-demand-convection-formerly-tokedvapors-v0-fnwjztj31gzc1.jpg?width=1512&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5e515148bbc55b01e673c7d21f872d7988867ec6

In theory there should be some kind of heat exchange going on there with the incoming cool air passing around the metal stem which is part of the outgoing vapor path.

Also about your battery contact mishap, feel free to DM me if you have any troubles, I'd be more than happy to help you get things right. Sorry for this, we should be more clear with battery insertion instructions.

For those encountering combustion even at low temps, you can try lowering the wattage output when IN temp mode. Note that this is different from actual watt mode when you go into the menu. So when in the fire screen, click or up or down to select your temp, click fire to select temp, now it will let you choose the wattage within temp mode (lower right side of the screen will be highlighted). Select your wattage then click fire again. (60 is max, try lowering step by step until hits are fine tuned to your preference)

Last edited:
Top Bottom